Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Prospect of Being My Own Boss


I've spent the better part of the last twenty years working for others. I've had my share of bosses, some horrible, many just "OK", and few great. Regardless of how much I respected or liked my boss, one thing remained steadfast: I didn't like having one. I am assertive (controlling), driven (obsessive) & headstrong (stubborn). These qualities do not bode well for one being supervised. I love to boss others around, but I hate being bossed. So, when I acquired the amazing opportunity to teach cooking classes as an independent contractor, I rejoiced. When I began to contemplate creating my own food-based business, doing what I love (the cliche, yet so true, key to happiness), I began to dream of telling others what to do with wild abandon. Translation: I want it, and I want it bad.

I am slowly, cautiously, treading into the waters of catering, private cooking classes, and food planning. I've been quite hesitant to talk about this prospect, but aware that in order to make a dream a reality, you must make it public. I don't know what may happen, if I will succeed or fail. What I do know is that I'm very, very excited about the future of my professional life, and I haven't felt that for a while.

1 comment:

  1. That Ciapponi spirit is bursting through!!! You come from some sturdy stock you will be fine. Good luck and many blessings on living the entrepreneurial dream. Hey, Martha had to start somewhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete